Monday, May 23, 2011

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate… that is the question-

Hampton should have started his first round of “shots” at his 2 month check-up; however I pushed starting them off until his 4 month check-up.  My reason behind this delay; babies still receive the moms antibodies (if exclusively breastfeeding until about 5 months…) so I have had all of my vaccinations so therefore he is receiving my antibodies.  But as his 4 month check up approaches I am rethinking the whole vaccination thing.
My husband and I chose the Bradley Method to deliver Hampton, which again is all natural childbirth with very little medical intervention (no drugs, no epidural, no IV etc.); which leads me to what I should decide inoculations.  Doctors (in most cases) treat the birth of a child as an illness by the use of way too many medical interventions.  Do not get me wrong or be offended if that is the route you chose or due to a complication had to have some form of medical intervention. A C-section saved the lives of my sister’s twins. But because we were blessed by a pregnancy with no complications we chose a different path.  So how do I know that vaccinations are all safe? If doctors can “over” treat the birth of a child- how do I know we are not “over” treating vaccinations? 
This is a topic that you are either for or against but we are on the fence!! Vaccinations have saved lives but also hurt people as well- . So Nick and I still are walking the preverbal fence – anyone have thoughts on the subject?
I will let you know the 4 month check-up T minus 70 mintues!

No comments:

Post a Comment