Monday, May 16, 2011

Bad Bad Book –

At 3:30 AM, as I was rocking my un-swaddled, non-sleeping child, I decided to catch up on my email/facebook, with a love of my life of-course after Hampton, Snoopy, Nick and Max. Yes, Snoopy still out ranks Nick but only by a fraction- but that’s a story for another day. Anyway back to a love of my life the Iphone (Steve Jobs-bless him), when I check an email from a friend, who’s 2 ½ year old is having “going to bed issues”. In this email is a pdf of a children’s book not a book that I would ever read to Hampton. But it obviously was written by parents for parents- the book, “Go the F to Sleep” by Adam Manbach.
I know I am a horrible parent but I have never laughed that hard during the day and especially at 3:30 AM. I know Nick probably thought I had finally reached a sleep deprived breaking point.  It really reminded me that somewhere out there is another mom or dad in the same boat I am. And if you need a bed time laugh read this book- silently and not to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment