Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day!

Sunday May 8, 2011
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers but especially us first timers-.  I always thought that I knew what motherhood would entail, boy was I wrong. It is hard to comprehend how much you will love someone that you have only known for 15 weeks.  You really do not what your life will be like during the 10 months you carry that new little person but afterwards you cannot remember what your life was like before.
Even at 3:30 AM (like today) you stumble out of bed so tired you can barely make it to the crib, mumbling under your breath, complaining about being exhausted. Then you looking down and the crying stops and he smiles at you; as if to let you know he missed you.  Somewhere in that smile you forget that you are exhausted, and your body probably will never look the same, your life is so reverently changed you do not care about the bags under your eyes and the pooch under your belly button.
My first Mother’s day was very nice we had lunch at my sisters with my Mother and Grandmother, and then off to my brother-in-law’s for dinner with Nick’s mother. Needless to say Hampton was exhausted by his duties and when to bed at 7 PM (too bad he did not sleep thru the night)
Nick and Hampton bought me a very nice top from a really “trendy” expensive store in Wilmington. It was a very sweet and lovely gesture; I loved the top. Unfortunately as I have recently had a baby and still nursing the large flowing SIZE 6 just does not quite cut it.  Nick nicely explained to the sales women my wife just had a baby (this is very important) and she is still breast feeding (the second important note) all of which were pointed out to the size 0 sales woman girl. I guess to the world of size 0 and size 6 seems gigantic.  Did I mention I was a size 6 before the pregnancy and I never thought a 6 was large?
I gained 50 pounds with Hampton and I only have 8 pounds before I am at my pre-pregnancy weight. But as all moms know certain parts of my body are no-where near the size “they” were before the baby. Actually they may be confused with celestial bodies and generate their own gravity.
It was a great day and I am just happy to have spent the day with my family! Which after all is what Mother’s Day is about in the first place and this gift comes in one size fits all-

No comments:

Post a Comment